I Wont Be Saved
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ever wanted to just get in the car and drive to a different continent?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mediocore
Admin
Mediocore

Ever wanted to just get in the car and drive to a different continent? Empty
PostSubject: Ever wanted to just get in the car and drive to a different continent?   Ever wanted to just get in the car and drive to a different continent? EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 4:03 am

This guy did...

British man gets in his convertible car, and simply drives around the world
Published: Thursday, September 3, 2009 | 10:21 AM ET
Canadian Press THE CANADIAN PRESS

REGINA - Have you ever gotten in your car, started driving and wondered what would happen if you just kept going?

Roy Locock knows. A year ago, the greying Brit ditched his life in England, hopped in his convertible sports car and hit the road with no route in mind. He's travelled across Europe and India, took a boat to Australia and then another to South America.

"Through the first half of the journey I used road maps, all the way up to Panama," he said.

"Then it became so expensive because the countries are so small and you can only get one map per country. I said what the hell, I can just travel north. If I can't find the next country, there's something wrong with my navigation."

On Wednesday, he landed in Regina.

"I enjoy my own company," he said of his solo journey. "On some of the long drives in the more desolate areas, you end up arguing with yourself. But I normally win."

People often seem jealous when he tells them what he's doing, but he says anyone can do the same. He said travelling around the world is no more expensive than staying at home in England and doing nothing.

"It's very much an adventure," he said. "That's really what I was looking for and it's certainly lived up to that. But I do enjoy the freedom of just pleasing myself day after day."

Story Courtesy CBC.ca
Back to top Go down
https://iwontbesaved.board-directory.net

Ever wanted to just get in the car and drive to a different continent?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
I Wont Be Saved :: Generalities :: General-
Jump to: